Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Morning after 1st night, sleeping in trailer

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |
Someone just donated a HD  video camera to me, but I haven't had time to research its operation. I also bought an el cheapo, not HD, that I know takes stills. I haven't had time to unwrap it yet.

Spent 4 hrs. this morning hooking up my computer and now have internet in bed. My new monitor came last night. I removed the mounting stand and replaced it, upside down. So my flat screen monitor is hanging from the shelf/frame I built over my head at about mid thigh. I can see SO MUCH BETTER on this new monitor.

Realized I had a Brain Injury moment of logic gap. I ordered Verison's MiFi, which I finally opened (it's only been here 3 or 4 days) today, only to realize, duh, I need a Verison cell phone to work the damn thing! And my 30 day free trial started the day it was delivered. So, I'll have to call Verison, beg for some time and ask them to help me pick a cheap but functional cell phone service to use.

Mean time, I strung my phone cord out a window of the house, made sure it's high enough of the ground the goats can't eat it (goats love copper), brought it through the louvered, back bedroom window and hooked up my Qwest high speed & land line phone, mostly so I can contact Verison and be on their website while talking to customer service. Four hours.

Snow, rain and 40mph wind gusts predicted for next, 3 days; starting to seriously cloud up. Food & coffee stuff in here. Water in bottles, cuz I don't want to turn on the hose; cold water leaks all over yard, under house, in bathroom of house....

Laid strips of carpet from front porch to door of TT. I expect to be bringing stuff out here during breaks in the weather, particularly my tv and dvd player; a new movie from NetFlix is due tomorrow: "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," an appropriate title, given my circumstances.

MUCH warmer & more comfortable inside TT than old house! Cats (except Fatty Watty Kitty Catty, who is still hiding under bed) and dogs LOVE it in here! Nobody wants to escape. Dogs do business outside, but are eager to come back in.

Hung icecicle xmas lights from each end toward center: very cheerful, enough light, low energy: cost $4 for 2 15 foot strings.

Weather clears this weekend. Will rest body and just geek out & watch films & putter in new space 'til then.

Maybe I'll now have time to learn my new cameras & at least tape the interior and maybe edit a YouTube video or 2! 

No comments: