Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, February 16, 2004

a beautiful day in the neighborhood

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Bright, clean sunlight is streaming in my bedroom window. It's still really cold out, just above freezing, but the temps. promise to rise into the mid sixties Farenheit today, which is short-sleeve weather (unless you're from Southern California, and don't know what cold is).

I'm in a world of hurt. Apparantly, pushing home an eighteen-pound sack of cat food, with a case of toilet cleaner, a whole turkey and ten pounds of oranges is taxing.

I was useless for the rest of the day yesterday, pretty much. I'd wanted to take advantage of the warm afternoon to do laundry, but thought better of it. I have a lot of walking to do this week.

I ate an orange, a thin "slice" (hard to call it a slice, as it crumbles on contact with a knife) of cheese, a small bowl of generic cheerio type cereal and some coffee. Hopefully, the cheese will make the breakfast more substantial, so it'll last 'til I return for lunch.

I'm apprehensive about going to the radio station. Since Renee's probably still sick, and she's the news director, I really don't have a steady source of direction or assignments. I emailed someone, but didn' get a reply. So, I don't know if I'm about to walk myself tired, just to sit there for two hours, looking like a fool.

I almost decided not to go today, but that seemed stupid. It's just that my poor body is so tired.

If they don't have any work for me today, I'll try asking around the station, to see if I can be useful in another department.

Don't expect much from me today. I'll come home dazed and weak and won't feel like thinking.

Have a good day!

No comments: