Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, February 19, 2004

I'm a damn fool!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

No nap.

I'm angry about being called a racist for this page: "VOTE!", so I added the 2 sentences, under the photo.

The tactics these reactionaries use are filthy. They know I'm not racist; they're just trying to discredit me, trying to exploit the suffering of victims of racism to try to manipulate them!

Well, most people of color I've met aren't as stupid and reationary as them southern good ol' boys. Most seem quite capable of speaking for themselves, thank you, and don't need some paternalistic spin warper to speak for them! lord have mercy.

Anyway, since I couldn't sleep, and since it warmed up for awhile, I did FOUR loads of laundry! moan. It's all hanging in the house to dry.

Good thing, too, since it's clouding up and getting cold out there now.

I found more clothes, bed linens, etc. in the trash this month, that's why there's so much to wash.

I found a set of baby blue satin sheets. I wouldn't pretend to sleep on the clingy, sweaty things. But, they'll make 2 good backings for quilts I plan to make. I make quilted covers, with an old blanket inside.

I have lots of old blankets.

Maybe I can sell some quilts? who knows...all I can do is try.

I've got a bed full of cats and a belly full of bbqed turkey sandwich.

The wind's picking up and it's quite chilly out there.

I'm just going to relax in my cozy house for the rest of the day.

No comments: