Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, February 28, 2004

I pulled out that damned tooth!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I could hear it clicking, through the headphones, at the radio station. My tongue would "trip" over it and I could hear it when I recorded.

I swore, when I left Thursday, that I was going to get it out over the weekend.

I could already feel 3 out of 4 root ends with my tongue, and it could tip up and out at several angles.

The fact it was so loose was a good thing: gave the socket a chance to start healing. But pushing it back down into the socket kept the socket open. It HAD to go!

I just wiggled and twisted and pushed and pulled, a little at a time.

It was only hanging on by a bit of gum, anyway.

It was irritating, the way an underwire bra or a sticker in your sock is irritating.

It wasn't painful; felt like scratching an itch.

The jaw's a bit swollen from fiddling with it. But my mouth feels SOOO much better now.

I'll have to be careful about food for a few days. Can't eat anything crumbly or sticky; don't want anything in that socket, 'til it heals over.

I'm keeping the tooth. I'm going to dry it and bleach it real good, like you do with sea shells, so they won't stink. And I'm going to wear it around my neck on my necklaces of charms. I paid nearly three hundred dollars for the crown on that bastard, and I'm going to wear it! So there!

No comments: