Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, February 27, 2004

trash grill

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I found a curious looking object in the trash last Tues. At first, I walked on by, thinking it was a CD player or something. But I went back to look, after I realized it was too big for cds.

It was a George Foreman grill. It had been used once; it still had beef grease in it. But the cord was still folded up in a twist tie.

All I can figure is that whoever had it was too stupid to put a cookie sheet under it, to catch dripping grease. They must have gotten grease all over the kitchen!

I looked them up on the 'net just now. The cheapest sells for fifteen dollars.

I rarely have enough meat to grill.

But it would make good grilled sandwiches. It would work for grilling vegetables, too...esp. asperagus, I'd bet.

And quesadillas. and calzones and "hot pockets (I make my own."

I bet it burns a lot less energy than the frying pan, electric grill, etc. And I'll bet it's cooler, too; I couldn't feel any heat when I plugged it in, until I opened it and touched the cooking surfaces.

I bet it'd make s'mores, too.

wonder if I could use it for cookies...hmmm...like granola bar type cookies, not drop cookies like chocolate chip.

looks like it'd make really flat bacon...as if I ever eat that.

HEY! I could make square tortillas in it! cook both sides at once!

They'd be "wiggly," as it has bars to make grill marks, but who cares?

I forgot I'd found the silly thing, until I was cleaning out my cart last night....

No comments: