Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Ok, I give up

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Walking 2 miles, 2 days in a row, is just too tiring. I shopped on Sunday; went to KUNM on Monday.

My left side is hurting from muscle strain. It still hurts to breathe.

So, I guess I'll give up and take a nap for awhile.

I got the worst of it done today: turkey roaster and dishes washed, fireplace ashes cleaned out, fire wood brought in, crafts put away, laundry put up, dog poo picked up.

At least it doesn't look too much like a pig pen.

I was hoping to vacuum and maybe straighten up outside, but that'll have to wait 'til warm weather, this weekend.

That $90 the bank ripped off from me last year has really left me struggling. I had to borrow against my disability check again. That's a dollar fifty for every twenty dollars borrowed.

I'm borrowing twenty less, every month, until I get it down to zero. But that makes things pretty tight.

And, this month, I paid off a seventy five dollar phone bill. I'd let it go for three months, to buy other stuff, like food, pet food, etc.

Next month, I'll have to buy more of those, too.

I'm nearly out of toilet paper.

But I need to pay down that debt and get out from under it. The interest is about thirty dollars per month. I can't afford that.

So, the scooter innertube just has to wait. Which means walking. Everywhere.

Which means I won't go too many places, if I can help it. Cold weather is hard on me.

But, that's why I've been working on the house. I'm getting ready to make more crafts. Maybe I can sell some stuff on campus.

It's totally illegal, of course, without a peddler's license and some other paper work. It would cost me a minimum of thirty five dollars to pay the fees. I can't do that.

Well, it's cold outside. I've got four cats, at least, in here with me. Dog's snoring at my feet.

Thank goodness I cooked that turkey yesterday! I would have been too tired today! I've got plenty of food to eat, if I'm careful.

I sure would love a soda pop. Cold, sweet bubbles and a good burp! LOL

oh, ouch! I just sneezed! hurt like the DICKENS!

I need to nap now. I go back to the station tomorrow. I need rest. Later, if I feel good enough, I'll take a hot shower and try to work some of the pain out of my left side. It's really hurting.

No comments: