Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

ooo, baby!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Well, went to the Pueblo Cultural Center today for Evil Weed Tobacco. I'm down to a carton a month. I was smoking three. That's still 200 cigarettes a month, but it WAS SIX HUNDRED CIGARETTES A MONTH! holy smokes...LOL

That's only on the bad months; I often squeeked through with 2 cartons...barely.

Addiction is a b)tch, huh?

ANYWAY, I was home by ten something. I'd left on an empty stomach, so I was ready to eat paint when I got back.

Made myself a one-egg German pancake. I'm trying to only eat one egg per day. By the way, the juice of half a lime on a one egger will tear your head off, it's so sour! But I'm TRYING to eat produce at every meal. Almost melted what's left of my teeth, though. Didn't want to smother the thing in powdered sugar, so it was pretty puckery. I don't mind. It still tasted divine.

Yes, the weather's warm. Yes, I have tons of laundry to do. Yes, I'm in bed with a snoring dog, resting.

I still need to go to the radio station tomorrow; that'll make 4 days in a row, 2 miles per day. I need the rest; laundry will wait.

That seafood cocktail, with my home made coctail sauce, is heaven! Oh, I know: the squid, cuttlefish (I always thought cuttlefish WAS squid?) and octopus probably gross you out, but I like it! Nice and boingy!

The cocktail's good with a sour dough roll on the side, to cut the acid and heat of the sauce. 1/4 c seafood, smothered in sauce, and bread, that's filling.

I think I'll nap awhile. I'm feeling a bit puny.

Later, I'm going to write my next commentary, about something a kid on the bus said that blew my mind...

Well, that's all the news that fits!

No comments: