Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, February 16, 2004

I've offended white republicans

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Lord, there are some STUPID people around! In news:alt.discuss.politics.liberal, some reactionary fool is objecting to my email sig with the "This Nigger Voted" page in it!

I took that image and added, in big, red letters, the word, "Vote!" People have died, and CONTINUE to die, for that simple right.

And, in case you STILL don't get it, I HATE the word, "nigger!" That's ANOTHER reason I used the photo; I'm sick of hearing young Black men calling each other "nigger!"

My reply:

I don't CARE what people WANT to see! I care that we NEED to see the TRUTH!

The TRUTH is that people DIED for the right to vote!

If the word on the sign is all that offends you, NOT the LYNCHING of the MAN, then YOU, sir and not I, are the offensive one!

I didn't write that word on that poor, dead hero's chest; the GRAND DADDIES OF THE NASCAR DADS WROTE IT!

TAKE DOWN THAT FLAG! YOU LOST THE WAR!

No comments: