Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, October 06, 2003

Bad Attitude

I'm hurting...bad! Between the washer on Sat. and the long walk on Sun, I'm in serious pain.

But I have that laundry, which has been soaking in the big tub in the shower, to do.

And I need to clear a patch in my garden, in case that whining, lying maintainance guy, Mike, shows up.

He lied to the property mgr, saying I "wouldn't let" him in my apartment. I, of course, didn't know he'd COME here! I've told the mgmt. co. on several occasions they must schedule appointments with me, and that they must ring the bell on my gate for me to hear them. But, no, he just showed up one day and didn't get a reply. Therefore, I didn't let him in. huh!

In addition, he has lied and said I "wouldn't let him" walk in my garden, to get to my air conditioner. All I said, way back in March, was that I didn't want him to grind his foot (as one would do to snuff a cigarette) on the seedlings. I told him, I walk on them, all the time, but I'm careful not to tear them out of the ground. Therefore, I wouldn't let him walk in my garden!

He also, the only time he was here, complained to the mgmt. on his cell phone, as I was listening, that I have "too much stuff." I had lived here a week or two. I hadn't even finished unpacking.

So, he's a whiner and a liar.

In addition, not Mike, but Veto, was sent here to make repairs. I prefer Veto: he works; he doesn't spy. Veto had promised me he'd return the following Thursday. I waited all day, and the following Thursday, but Veto never returned.

Now, the mgmt. co. is claiming Mike must replace my air conditioner, as it may only be done by a licensed plumber. Which, of course, doesn't explain why my heater hasn't been repaired; no water goes to THAT!

Yet, I HELPED Veto, and his wife, install an air conditioner on another apartment unit in this property!

So, everybody's lying to me.

I had to call the mgmt. co, to report that Raoul was screaming, so they could hear it. I discussed my letter, sent with my rent check, about the incomplete repairs to my unit. That's when I got all this double talk.

When I heard the crap about Mike, I said, "I'm not psychic; I didn't know Mike was coming."

I got told I have a "bad attitude."

Let's see: seven month of screaming drug addicts, peeing outside my kitchen window and nearly burning the building down with homemade "tiki" torches and barbeques in too-confined spaces. Seven months of 2 -3- and 4-day stretches without electricity. Harrassment by "neighbors." Water shut off because the prop. mgr. was too lazy or stupid to turn off the sprinklers. Beer cans, litter and cockroaches, scattered just outside my gate. August and September without air conditioning. Lies. Threats of eviction. Sloppy book keeping. Untrustworthy staff.

I have a bad attitude.

Slumlords! They abuse you and blame you if you don't kiss their butts!

No comments: