Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, October 24, 2003

Big Job Ahead

Almost all the bolts have been loosened.

The lock bolt for elevating the seat doesn't function at all; I can't adjust the seat height, and it's too low right now to hitch the twin stroller on as a cart.

The brakes have been loosened. The front tire doesn't fit right on the fork and is rubbing against it.

I tightened everything as well as I could. But I don't have much strength in my hands and wrists, and I don't have large allan wrenches for some bolts.

I can't get enough torque, hand tightening, to really make the bike safe.

Even the handle bar post is crooked on the front wheel fork!

The moped shop can't help, as the allen wrench needs to be standard, and they only have metric.

It stalled out at the moped shop, but I think I put too much oil in; had trouble measuring.

I need to blow it out a bit more. I ran it up and down Silver St, because it's flat and has little traffic, and heard it start "clearing up" at full throttle.

There's a slight "miss;" I think I need to adjust the idle on the carb., but I'll wait 'til I blow it out some more.

Can't ride it, really, until I retighten all the damn bolts and adjust the damn brake.

Even "locking" bolts and bolts with lock washers are loose!

I basically have to reassemble the ENTIRE BIKE!~

Too tired today. Damn shame; I was hoping to go shopping tonight, and out for cheap cigs at the Pueblo Cultural Center tomorrow.

It'll be dark soon, anyway; couldn't get everything inspected and get there and back safely.

I was sent a detailed email today, warning me that the bolts may have loosened in shipping. I thought that was a bit strange, but what the hell?

I always safety check everything, anyway. Being a trash picker and owner of used things, I know about repairs and trouble shooting.

But the brake should work. That seems mighty suspicious.

Been noticing a LOT of activity from the ISP of the former owner and a "companion" who is coming to my 'hood blog from that ezboard where the seller called me a "fat bitch, welfare leech, 300 lb. Lesbian" and mocked "ebonic" speech, imitating me.

I suspect they're waiting to see if all the loosening has killed me yet.

I lost the reflector, even, because THAT nut was loose! Lost a nut on the damn SEAT!

Looks to me like the scooter has been sabotaged because the seller resented whom he "thought" was buying.

I don't know if the stall happened because: I put too much oil in the gas, the thing's too new, and flooded on its maiden voyage, or the engine has been "loosened," too.

I'll have to check every screw, nut and bolt from stem to stern tomorrow.

I'll need to build a "fender" over the motor and chain, so my skirts can't get caught. I need mirrors and heavy gloves.

I can't find my friggin motorcycle helmets! I had 2, from trash picking, but maybe they didn't get packed when I moved here. Damn shame; one had a snap on visor! Poop!

Gotta find my knee and elbow pads, too.

It's a lot of work, but I can do it.

It goes alarmingly fast at full throttle. Or maybe I've just been walking too many years.

Porkchop LOVES it! He knows EXACTLY how to keep pace. He's done this before! I thought he might be afraid of the noise, but HELL, no! It's music to his ears! LOL!

No comments: