Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, October 11, 2003

Should I Buy This Scooter?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3631162853&category=47352

it can carry up to 350 lbs. Gasoline powered.

About $220, incl. shipping and insurance.

Only weighs 40 lbs, folds up.

I think I could pull my "twin" stroller behind it, to bring home groceries.

Means I have to go into debt with the damn bank again.

It's the strongest, inexpensive scooter on eBay or Google.

Street legal as a bicycle; no license required.

Goes about 15 miles on a 1 liter tank of gas.

I just emailed the seller; he sells other scooters and stuff, too.

I WAS looking at electric scooters, cuz they are generally about $100 cheaper than gas powered. But they only go about 15 miles, or one hour, before needing a charge for 4-7 hrs. Means I'd need to carry an extra battery with me.

Gas powered, I can always find a gas station. And I could figure out how to repair it.

I HATE to get so deep in debt again.

But I could get to the flea mkt on the damn thing, to sell my crap.

And grocery shopping would take an hour, instead of half a day.

Shoot, I don't know...what do YOU THINK?!?!?!?

I WANT SOME DAMN WHEELS! I've been on the bus ALL WEEK and I'm exhausted and in SO much pain! And the errands took so long, waiting for busses that come 1x/hr, I didn't get much else done all week.

I come home exhausted from standing at bus stops, lugging heavy stuff, perching on crowded bus seats with bags of groceries and my stroller in my lap.

It would be SO NICE to be able to run to the store on a whim, just cuz I ran out of eggs, instead of PLANNING a WEEK or more in advance and waiting 'til I had a whole LIST of LOTS of junk to schlepp home...

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?!?

No comments: