Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, October 12, 2003

bought one

Re: should I buy this scooter?

Group: alt.discuss.clubs.public.arts-lit.writing.rriverstone
Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 1:46pm (MDT-1)
From: (Rogi�Riverstone)

it was $149 + a lot of shipping.
Came to about $220 or so.

I just bought one, like it, for $180, total, incl. shipping.

I'm shaking like a leaf.

I'm also packed to go sell stuff tonight.

Sure hope I get some good luck over there.

Leaving in 15 minutes.

I was researching scooters all week.

I know the price, size, features of every scooter under $300 on the 'net by now.

So, today I did it.

Should b here within a week; being sent FedEx.
**************
Re: should I buy this scooter?

Group: alt.discuss.clubs.public.arts-lit.writing.rriverstone
Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 9:15pm (MDT-1)
From: (Rogi�Riverstone)

I've owned 2 2-cycle mopeds in the past, both used. Learned internal combustion mechanics, so I could fix em up myself.

I'll padlock a backpack to the handlebars, with one of those rachet tools with sockets, allen wrenches and screw driver bits in it. I'll also put in 2 adjustable wrenches, a bottle of oil, a can of penetrating oil spray, a tire repair kit, an air pump, a spare tube, a rag, a small pry bar, starter fluid and waterless hand cleaner.

If I can find a metal can with a screw top, I'll even pack some gasoline. No smoking on MY putt putt!

It comes with some bottles of oil, a couple of tools and an air pump.

He's a college kid, drove it 2xs before he got a car. PayPal guarantees it or they'll help me get a refund.

I'll be putting saddle baskets on the rear fender.

The stroller I'm talking about has 3 bike tires, 2 in back, one in front. It's molded plastic on a hollow aluminum frame. It's a "jogging" stroller, for twins.Looks like a big blue wedge of pie.

I'll take the front wheel off the fork and rig the fork to the seat post, so it can swivel at turns.

I can drag a fifty lb. sack of dog food home on it, easy.

Porkchop is going to LOVE this!

Now, he can RUN faster. And, if he gets really tired, and I'm not too fully loaded, I can give him a ride. He loves cars; I'm sure he'll be into this!

My "eCheck" should clear in 3 days.
I already heard from the seller; he'll FedEx it the day the check clears.

I SHOULD be mobile a week from today!

The seller has a good reputation at eBay: 100% positive recommendations from former customers and people he's bought from, too. He's prompt, honest and efficent. Unless he's been "selling" to himself, and writing himself good reviews! LOL...

This particular scooter retails for about $250, new. Plus shipping, which varies from $50 to $75, depending on how bad the seller wants to screw you.

THIS scooter is $180, shipping included!

I'll be a crazy woman until it finally arrives, of course...LOL

No comments: