Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, October 24, 2003

Scooter's Here!

It's assembled, but needs air in back tire. Some stuff is loose & I don't have proper "allen" type wrench, so I'll take it to the scooter store and ask if I can borrow a tool.

He wasn't kidding: it's showroom new.

I put the tire on backwards at first. Or, I had the handle bars backward.

Stu will be here in about an hour or so with cucumbers and gasoline. Maybe he can help me tighten stuff and pump the tire.

I'm POOPED!

I dug out an old flower bed, out front, this morning, while waiting for the scooter. Dragged a 50 gal. trash barrel of dirt down the front sidewalk, down the stairs, down the street, and a neighbor's friend dragged it down the alley into the back.

The dirt was up against my front fence; I'm worried about rot and termites. And, in the spring, I'm planning to put my zinc tub plant containers out there, so might as well have it level.

The dirt is good: composted, loamy, sweet smelling. Perfect for planting. Already filled my old washer tub with dirt.

I'm ready for the hospital now, Mr. De Mille....

No comments: