Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, October 04, 2003

I Just Witnessed a Kidnapping

I just witnessed a kidnapping.

A small, blue, Japanese, 4 door sedan pulled up across the street from my bldg.

I just happened to be in my kitchen, looking out. I thought they might be some of the thugs that come here, to Raoul's apartment.

There was a LOT of activity coming from the back seat: arms flailing, etc.

Suddenly, an Hispanic woman, with long, curly, blonde and red dyed hair jumped out of the back seat and dialed a cell phone.

A big Hispanic guy with a "mullet" style hair cut got out. He was wearing a black tank top with a white tank underneath. He grabbed the girl, who struggled. She managed to get a few more feet down the street, north, toward Central.

Another Hispanic guy got out of the driver's seat and went after them. He was wearing a black t-shirt that looked like it had a heavy metal logo on it. He had a "buzz" cut. He disappeared past my line of sight, too.

The two of them dragged the woman toward the car. She was resisting the whole way: pushing, trying to turn back, screaming.

The guy with the mullet got in the car, pulling her in while the "buzz" cut guy pushed her.

Then the driver got back into the car and drove south on my street. They turned around and headed back north, toward Central.

I was on the phone with 9/11 as soon as I'd seen the 2nd guy go toward the woman.

I hope they catch them.

No comments: