Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, October 17, 2003

Sustainable Living

I wrote to the Sustainable Living YahooGroup, announcing the publication of the Trib article.

You could hear crickets.

Not ONE response!

These are people who build tire houses, organic gardens and vegetable oil-powered vehicles.

Not ONE response!

So, I wrote this today:

They archived the story here, for those who missed it: http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/news03/101603_news_rogi.shtml

You know, for a list about Sustainable Living, I'm surprised by the lack of response to the article.

I'm also dismayed by the lack of congratulations, well wishes and enthusiasm for my struggle to live a responsible life within the limitations of my disabilities and poverty.

Perhaps I'm TOO sustainably living for this list?

You'd think newspaper articles such as this appeared every day and were no big deal, by the absence of response.

Archived Article

Rogi Riverstone

No comments: