Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Trash the Trash

dang, that meeting was agony.

It was that damn church. They held a special board mtg, so I could speak my concerns.

Some bitch unleashed Porkchop outside, last time I was there. I went out to find him ONE FOOT from her toddler daughter's HEAD!!

They wouldn't leave Porky alone, chained to the sofa in the back of the room; whenever my back was turned, some friggin idiot was in Porky's face. Porky nipped at 2 people. If I went through people's purses, they'd have me arrested. But it's ok to molest MY property, cuz he's a DOG???

They've complained about the food I've brought. Every Sunday, I'd stop at Smith's and buy 1/2 price baked goods. They whined about how sweet the stuff was.

They whined cuz I made coffee.

NOBODY introduced themselves to me; I only know 3 people's names.

Every Sunday, they go out to lunch together. I'd hear them say, "are you going with us today?" But nobody invited me.

I told them, during "joys and concerns" (kind of like prayer requests), that I'm going to need some moral support, because I'm starting to write the story of my daughter's death. Only one person addressed me on the issue.

And, when that bitch, Mary dressed me out in the kitchen for asking for potluck leftovers, they not only didn't support me, one lady, Sally Alice--a BOARD MEMBER OF THE "PEACE" AND JUSTICE CENTER--actually PUSHED ME, to get me out of the room, because, apparantly, I'm not ALLOWED to address accusations hurled at me.

I was going to talk about these things. It was my "opportunity to speak." But the white men continuously interupted me and criticized me.

I finally yelled, "STOP INTERRUPTING ME!" and stated SOME of the above.

I tried to leave, and some old FART DELIVERATELY blocked my way! So, I called them all "yuppy trash," squeezed around him and left.

An old grandma in high top sneakers, NOT part of the meeting, followed me out and called me a BITCH! Mind you, they'd just been dressing me down for spelling Ashcroft "ASScroft" in a UU email group!

But it's FINE to call ME a BITCH.

So, that's it: I've permanently left the UUA.

For THIRTY YEARS, snooty suburbanites have treated me like a servant, at best, and an embarrasment, at worse.

No friggin more. I've been patient. I've tried to educate them. I've taken accusations and name calling for THIRTY YEARS!

And my so-called "best friend," a UU minister, is too good to return my EMAILS! KNOWING I miss him terribly and worry for his health!

"Peace" Center???? Hell no; it's just a damn Communist cell: everybody must think, act, speak and look alike and follow the party line du jur.

They were singing, at the end of their service, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me." I was in the bathroom, peeing. When I attended services there, I wouldn't sing that stupid song.

All I see, when I hear that song, is a cemetary full of head stones. Their idea of peace is to kill the individual for the collective "good."

Arguing, conflicting ideologies, cultural differences, debate, etc. are HEALTHY..but they're not welcomed in the UUA OR the P &J center.

They can kiss my trailer trash butt.

No comments: