Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 15, 2004

death threat

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Porky and I walked down the allies today. I had to deposit some money in my bank, s I could order a tire and tube for the scooter from paypal.

We were 2 blocks from home, an affluent area. 3 young men were in the alley, apparantly working on a car.

As we approached, their dog, unleashed, challenged Porkchop. I yelled, "NO! Go AWAY!" as loud as I could. Someone called the dog back.

We continued. Here came the dog. I took my umbrella out of my cart, in case I needed it to seperate a dog fight. I repeated, "NO! Go AWAY!" as loud as I could.

One of the men approached me, screaming obscenities, raising his fists and said he was going to kill me and ordered me to get the f---- out of there.

I proceeded down the alley, putting my body between Pork and the other dog, and continued to yell, "NO! Go AWAY!" I never turned my back to the guy.

I started screaming, "HELP! HELP!" over and over, at the top of my lungs, and the guy backed off, scared.

It took me a full five minutes to proceed 30 feet, with the guy charging at me and retreating when I screamed for help, and the dog charging at Porkchop.

When I passed, I said, "takes a real man to threaten to kill a disabled woman! You white trash! You're too irresponsible to control your own dog, you've got NOTHING to say about ME!"

I wouldn't let him say a damn thing! I just kept repeating it, over and over.

The tire and tube are ordered. I'm pooped from a long walk...about 4 miles, round trip.

Just ate spaghetti, sauce, tofu, turkey, goat & parmesan cheese.

I want my damned SCOOTER! It'll be at least another week. Tire and tube cost $32.

Someone emailed and said they're sending me $30. I'll use that for phone bill and cat and dog food.

I'm starting to think just about everybody in this town is either crazy, addicted or terminally STUPID!

Thank GAWD for that RADIO station!

No comments: