Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, March 04, 2004

not much from me today

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I have a hideous amount of walking in cold rain to do today. I'm leaving for the radio station in about an hour.

Then, I'll have the long walk back to the poetry reading, in the dark.

I'm stopping by Frontier Restaurant for some fresh baked tortillas, cuz I'm making turkey burritos, and boy, are they GOOD!

I'm dreading this. There's snow on the east side of the mountains.

The rain has stopped for now, and there's no snow advisory for my area, but it's going to be miserable out there.

They're saying it's drying up now.

I'm not complaining; we sure as hell needed the moisture.

But, have you ever stepped in a slushy puddle, and had to walk in a wet shoe?

sigh.


But I have to go to the station. I need to print out my poems, buy a postage stamp, record my commentary...

and I'm going to use their microwave to warm two burritos for my supper.

I'm leaving Porkchop at home. He'll be so disappointed.

by the way: I ordered 2 inner tubes today. it's $25, incl. postage. It'll take about 4 days for the eCheck to clear PayPal, and another week for shipping.

It was the cheapest way I could buy tubes without dealing with that idiot over on eBay. He worries me.

No comments: