Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

free breakfast

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Homeless guy was out there this morning.

I warmed up the last 2 pork burritos. We ate them while everything else cooked.

He has brought me so much free food, I made a great breakfast for us with the following:

New potato strips, fried in free butter, seasoned with free seasoning, covered in "nacho" style cheese. I made a 6 egg omlette, fried in free butter, topped with free parmesan cheese. All served with free pickled jalepenos!~

It was a big breakfast.

We sat outside and talked, drinking up a whole pot of coffee. I gave him a couple of cigarettes, too.

We worked out our deal: he'll bring me stuff and can use my washer and my bathroom and phone, as long as it's local. I'll cook for him.

I also suggested he store stuff here until we can have a yard sale.

Sure wish we could get to the flea market.

I sliced the snot out of my thumb, cutting up potatoes. ouchies!

I went to the Pueblo Cultural Center for cheap cigarettes and stopped at WalGreens for cheap toilet paper.

I am going to have to continue stealing toilet paper from the university this month, though.

I checked out prices for inner tubes on the 'net today; the cheapest is eleven dollars, including postage. Gotta wait three days for the $ I just transferred to PayPal to clear, so I can order one on eBay.

HOPEFULLY, I'll have my dang SCOOTER up and running again by the end of next dang WEEK! GRRRRRR...

I feel so TRAPPED without my scooter! Can't go anywhere, and am wearing myself OUT walking so far!

Tomorrow night, there's an open mic poetry reading at Winning's coffee joint on Harvard St. That's about 1/2 way between my house and the radio station.

So, I'll be going to the station later, so Porky and I can go to the poetry reading. I'm going to print out some of my stuff to read. They almost published one of my sonnets in "Central Ave," their journal, but pulled it at the last minute. Seems another poet died last month, and they wanted to publish one of his. But they like my stuff, anyway... So, I'm going to get brave and read to hip hoppity college kids tomorrow night, with my fat gut, rotten teeth and grey hair! LOL

Now, if I had that scooter, I coulda zipped over to the radio station, zipped back here for supper and zipped back and forth to the poetry reading, all without getting tired. I may be walking back, late at night, in cold rain or snow...sigh. And it's SCARY to walk alone at night!

I really can't afford an inner tube this month, but the heck with it.

IF the homeless guy keeps me in pet food, and the university keeps me in toilet paper, that covers my biggest nonfood expenses for the month.

I was hoping to pay six dollars for six months' membership at the co-op this month, but looks like I can't afford that. Means I'll have to pay more for soy flour, but what the hell? I just won't buy much there this month. They ought to give people on food stamps the reduced members' price, anyway, since, obviously, we ain't got money to piss away. shoot.

But the co-op will wait 'til I have an inner tube. It's a long way. Besides, I want to look in their dumpster.

The cats, as usual, missed me today. It's so nice, in bad weather, when I come home tired and in pain. They all pile up on the bed with me, barely touching me. Even enemies sleep near each other peacefully, just to be near me.

It's a nice thing to come home to...

Well, five days 'til food stamps. I'm going to take that last 1/2 turkey out of the freezer, right now, to cook on Friday.

No comments: