Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, March 13, 2004

scooter's scootin

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

you ain't gonna believe this. The tube does fit, by the way.

But I got it all put back together and pumped it up. The dang TIRE has a soft spot in it! Guess it got rubbed on the ground or something when the tube popped? So, the inflated tube bulges the tire! DANG! That's ANOTHER twenty five bucks!

I'm still gonna try to run it to the radio station tomorrow. I'll just go reeeeeeal slow and careful. No more driving on the dirt alley, with all the rocks and such. I know which streets around here are the smoothest side streets: no traffic, pot holes, broken bottles, etc.

I put my wicker basket on the front. It's covered in silk flowers, beads, glow-in-the-dark skull rings and my Barney pinata.

I'll try to get Marcos at the station to take some pics.

Porky's having a fit, wanting to go somewhere. But I'm saving it for needed trips, for now. We can play once I have a good tire on it again.

I'm taking it easy today. Mary Oishi is doing a fabulous job on "Women's Focus" today on KUNM. Been laughin and cryin and singin like a crazy woman.

Right now, I'm listening to Fannie Lou Hamer, talking about a beating she got from white "cops" in Mississippi, for trying to help people vote.

If you don't vote this year, don't bother speaking to me. You got nothin to say I wanna hear!

No comments: