Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

they're killing us for profit

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I can't prove this...yet. But I WILL!

Noticed a milk commercial today; said most Americans aren't getting enough calcium.

There will be a report, on the evening news tonight, that diet-and-exercise-related deaths in this country have risen over 30 percent.

Pharmaceutical companies are pushing: heartburn, cholesterol, blood pressure, constipation, "overactive" bladder and other digestive drugs.

I'm even convinced a lot of people who suffer from "depression" are actually malnourished!

If we eat crap, we'll buy drugs. Medicare and Medicaid pay for dietary problem drugs. But the poor can't get a prescription for FOOD!

Hell, our diets are SO bad, they're pushing Ensure, for healthy adults and children! That's a food suppliment for people who physically CAN'T EAT! When I used to be an aid to disabled people, I had to feed it to some of them!

I'll bet you damn near anything that, if you counted the vitamins and minerals in the daily intake of people who look like me: sixty pounds overweight, portruding belly, fatigue, pain.... I'll bet you ANYthing they're ALL MALNOURISHED!

It PAYS to keep us SICK!

When I was in the grocery today, I saw only 2 aisles of produce and meat. I saw SIX aisles of PROCESSED foods, mostly high carb, high fat, high sugar and high salt!

Do you know, for several years now, I've found it UNNECESSARY to walk down the middle aisles of grocery stores, for the most part? I only go to: dairy, meat, bread and produce!

I only go down the middle aisles about 1 out of 4 trips to the grocery. Usually, it's for pet food, paper products, baking and canned goods.

There's rarely anything in the freezers that I can afford or need, except occasional vegetables on sale.

Everything else on the shelves is toxic "cleaning" chemicals, processed foods and impulse items!

We need to liberate the grocery!

I'm telling you, I really think they're making us sick to sell drugs!

No comments: