Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Fractals? Fractures?

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Jude,

Long day today. Gardened all morning then walked to KUNM for volunteer class.

I'm too tired to write much, but wanted you to know I got your email and to thank you.

I AM going to write a script about it: the torture experiences and wat it does to my mind when I'm alone, thinking.

I think it'll all be in my voice, multitrack recorded (so I can interrupt myself, chant in the background, etc.).

The working title is either "Fractals" or "Shattered." It'll be about my internal dialogue and all the messages I tell myself. It'll be about disassociation, etc.

At first, it'll sound confusing to the listeners; it won't seem to make any sense. But, as they go through the hour, they'll: learn how to hear the inside of my mind and they'll go through a dramatic process, to a conclusion.

I plan to do all the voices myself. I'll mix it with sound effects, too.

It'll all take place in an hour, real time.

With modern audio equipment, I can distort, speed and slow my voice 'til it sounds juvenile, masculine, etc., so it can have the different aspects of personality fractures.

I'm favoring "Fractals." Each part is a complete representative of the whole. And the whole is an enlarged version of each part.

I want the monologue/dialogue to unfurl, spiral out, like fractals do.

guess I wrote more than I intended, huh?

thx. for your support.

I need to rest.

No comments: