Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 08, 2004

oh lord

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Oh, sister Maya's on the radio, reciting Phenomenal Woman. Gawd, did I need to HEAR THAT!

I'm hurting so bad. Porky and I walked to Smith's for groceries today.

The baker had just taken loaves of whole wheat French bread out of the oven. I bought one and dang, it's good.

Butcher had another 1/2 turkey. It JUST came out of the oven, and I made me a sammich: just 2 hot slices of turkey and some of the drippings on that fresh bread. Had me a glass of milk. Nothing else: just wanted to taste the fresh food, without spices or sauces.

I got my bed linens in off the line, but I'm to tired to put them on the bed today. Did manage to wash dishes and put the groceries away.

Got canned: tuna, Mexican style tomatoes, tomato juice, mushrooms.

Got me some sharp cheddar cheese, to go with the fresh wheat tortillas...gonna make me turkey burritios again.

Got me some more milk; gonna try to make yogurt.

I'm in soooo much pain. And I'm real sleepy, even though I slept 14 hrs. last night. I'm just worn out.

I tried not to do too much today, since I have so much walking this week.

It's International Women's Day. Heard a story this morning about Afghani women, so desperate they're pouring fuel on themselves and setting themselves on fire. Yeah, we really "liberated" them, huh? 13 year old girls, forced to marry old lechs who rape and beat them.

The problems we're discussing in the news are ALL CAUSED BY MEN! EVERY DAMN ONE! I'm starting to think we oughta chemically castrate every male over the age of 6, for one generation. bastards.

So, my sisters, as your work is belittled and laughed at because it's not "man's" work, as you struggle to keep the kids fed, as you dodge another blow or insult or bullet, as you self mutilate with heeled shoes and extreme makeovers, as you turn on your sisters with hateful gossip because you think we have to compete, as you hate yourself and fear the men whose approval you're desperate to gain, remember:

Women hold up more than half the sky.

Stop being victims. And stop BLAMING the victims!

Their ways not only don't work, they're KILLING ALL OF US!

PUSSY POWER!

No comments: