Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Wild Oats domestic weeds

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Cara,

Why won't Wild Oats sign me up for my local store's email announcements of weekly specials? I made it very clear I need that.

As to your web site's compatibility: funny, I run my own domain http://rriverstone.com and run eight blogs http://rriverstone.blogspot.com all from my MSNTV, with no problems. I shop online, particularly at eBay. I bank online. I use PayPal regularly.

Please don't lecture me on the limitations of my internet appliance, as an excuse for your exclusionary webstering. I'm low income; I use the appliance I can afford -- unless Wild Oats is offering to purchase a computer, tech support, software, etc. for me.

If anyone knows the limitations of this appliance, it is I. After all, I wrote for http://net4tv.com/voice/ about this appliance for years http://rriverstone.com/rogiwrites/index.html and managed to wordprocess, edit and publish almost 200 articles on how to use this appliance WITH this appliance!

Vision impaired people can't read the text on your side bars, either, even with a computer!

If you go to my MSNTV blog, http://msntv.blogspot.com , you will find a link on how to webster for MSNTV. It's extremely simple. "Upgrading" isn't required; a sensitivity to accessibility for all is.

Don't blame me because your site isn't accessible.

You KNOW I'm low income! I'm also malnourished, and trying DESPERATELY to access affordable, wholesome foods!

The entire tone of your reply to me was alienating.

Now, if it wouldn't be TOO MUCH TROUBLE, could you PLEASE add my email address to the mailing list for weekly store ads of the Indian School store?

Rogi

PS: I'm copying this email into my http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com Hood Life blog, about the marginalization and stigmatization of low income people by the priviledged! ~rr

From:"Cara Lovett"

Hi Rogi,

Thank you for writing. We apologize for the inconvenience. The technology used by WebTV/MSNTV has limitations that wildoats.com does not currently accommodate. WebTV/MSNTV users account for less than 1% of the total internet users and because of this, our site was not developed to work in that small population of users. However, due to customer requests like yours, we are looking into what we can do to upgrade our site to accommodate customers who use WebTV/MSNTV.

Keep in mind that even with some enhancements to the site - there will still be limitations to the site functionality, depending on the version you use, and in some cases, the service it uses to connect to the Internet.

WebTV/MSNTV is still an Internet access product and cannot offer you all the functionality of a personal computer.

Although it will connect you to the Internet and provide a broad range of features, such as e-mail, instant messaging, and an enhanced TV experience, it will not let you access all content on the Internet.

I will hold onto your email address and notify you once we determine if we can modify our website to enhance your Wild Oats experience.

All of our stores do accept the EBT-food stamp cards, but we do not offer deliveries. Thanks,

Cara Lovett
Customer Relations Coordinator
800-494-9453
Cara Lovett
Customer Relations Coordinator
800-494-9453
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 11:39 AM
To: info@wildoats.com
Subject: Question from Rogi regarding Other
From: Rogi
Email: rriverstone

I shop at Indian School Plaza Wild Oats Natural Marketplace in New Mexico

My question is regarding Other.

The website is not compatible with the MSNTV browser, which I can't upgrade.

It wouldn't allow me to select stores and, therefore, refused my request to be placed on the local email list.

Also, the fonts on the website are so small, I can't read some of the side bars.

I'm low income, with no car. I live near University and Central.

Is this the nearest store?

Can I get deliveries?

Do you accept food stamps?

No comments: