Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I was getting worried about Porkchop today. He hates that bag of cheap dog food I bought, and it's running out, anyway.

My money doesn't come until tomorrow, so what to do?

Went dumpster diving for him. FOund a little, but not much.

I found me half a gallon of UNOPENED MILK! Date went up yesterday! oh, please! It's good for about a week after the "sell by" date. Opened the seal and sniffed: it's perfect.

Then, at the alley leading away from Wendy's, I found a brand new Dr. Pepper, large size, just left there! Still full, not even a straw in it, ice unmelted. Now, I'm not crazy about Dr. Pepper; tastes like carbonated prune juice, to me. but hell!

I came back half frozen. Found I missed the homeless guy again, dang it! He left a HUGE sack of food.

Unopened packages of cookies, pudding cups, freeze dried shrimp (which will be tasty in the Japanese soup mix, with some tofu and rice noodles), pickled jalepenos, picante sauce.

And he brought over two dozen eggs: LARGE! it was 2 18 packs: one full, one with 3 eggs missing. I made me a 3 egg omlette, with milk, picante and parmesan cheese. Couldn't finish it; fed the rest to Osa.

I'm baking a pet casserole right now: corn meal, chicken broth (that homeless brought today), six eggs and some of the milk.

So, Porkchop's MORE than covered! He's also got 3 hot dogs left that the guy brought me yesterday.

I'm going to make some flan with the eggs and milk later, with caramel sauce and everything.

GERMAN PANCAKES!! WHOO HOOO!!!! I LOVE german pancakes! And I made lime curd to put on them...and still have a few oranges left.

The homeless guy is finding lots of packages of baby carrots, for some reason. I rinse them off and eat them like candy.

I STILL haven't thawed out my last half turkey yet!

I'm HOPING I can warm some of those pork burritos for the homeless guy, if I can stop MISSING him! LOL They're REALLY good.

I didn't go to the radio station today. I emailed and said I'd be in on Thursday. I've got lots of errands to run tomorrow, adn I need to save my strenght.

The rain's turning to snow, anyway.

Thank you, albuquerque, for throwing out such WONDERFUL food!

I'm going to tell the homeless guy he can shower and do his laundry here. I'll pay him five dollars a month for food, too. ANd I'll cook for him.

Right now, smells like the pet food casserole is done, so I need to take care of that.

And I think I'll have me some Dr. Pepper and some chocolate chip COOKIES!

Diet? what diet?

No comments: