Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 29, 2004

WHOA!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

It really has been a long time since I drank coffee! I had a cup of espresso this morning and ...buzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's not a very comfortable feeling. It didn't help me wake up as much as it made my muscles jumpy.

It's official; I'm an old lady: both weed and coffee are too strong for me anymore.

If people actually drink more than one espresso in a day, it's no wonder everybody's so aggressive and grumpy!

I'm getting ready to throw on some clothes and go to the duck pond for eggs. It's almost 6am. I need to get there before 7, when the maintainance crews get there.

But I'd rather lay here in this bed with my pile of cats and my stinky farting dog.

He'll like going, though. And I'm not going to take him with me when I work the phone rooms at KUNM later.

So, I'll get my sorry butt out of this bed in a couple of minutes and go.

It's cold out there, for one thing. But it'll be toasty once the sun comes up.

I need to shower today, but that'll wait until we get back.

I had my plum and pear with some goat cheese last night. What a treat: 2 servings of fruit at one sitting! I could get used to that!

Ah! I heard the word, "fundraiser," for the first time on the radio this morning. KUNM is out of t-shirts and coffee mugs. I guess, as a premium for pledging, we could promise not to drive by their houses and throw rocks at their windows?

FREE FOOD, ALL WEEK! YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No comments: