Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, March 05, 2004

yuck

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Flouncing around in cold rain doesn't do anything for me.

I have eye strain, from squinting to find puddles in the dark.

And everything hurts so bad! Upper back, shoulders, arms from pushing cart; legs, feet hips from walking soooo far.

My ankles and feet are swollen like sausages and it's very hard to walk.

It's a very rainy, gloomy day. I'm so glad I'm not homeless. Last night, the wind screamed past my bedroom wall, and I worried for the homeless people.

So, I suppose I'll be spending most of the day in bed.

I have my new tortillas and plan to make more burritos today.

But I'm weak as a Republican argument and twice as painful.

So, the dust bunnies and other crap will have to wait.

I suppose I should wash dishes; I haven't seen the bottom of my sink for two days. Dishes, in a tiny kitchen, must be kept cleaned and put away. There's just no room for dish sculptures while cooking on a one-foot space!

I'll post my burrito stuffing recipe later.

I just caught up yesterday's blogs and cleared out my inboxes.

And I seriously have to pee now, so the recipe will wait.

I'm almost out of asprin. I'll have to go get some when the weather clears in the next, few days.

I'm happy to announce we've had almost as much percipitation in the last week as we normally have in a monsoon month!

It's such a blessing. I'm not saying the drought is over, but if you knew how badly the earth here has been grieving for water!

As I walk across campus, I see baby daffodil and tulip sprouts coming up. I've seen some crocus bloom. Yesterday, I saw a three inch tall Dutch iris cluster in full bloom!

The ducks are totally horny and biting each others' tails.

The birds are coming back and making "come get me" noises.

Buds are swelling on every bare tree branch.

It's a glorious season to be alive!

No comments: