Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, March 11, 2004

how am I supposed to eat healthier?

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
All I wanted was some simple groceries: green tea, soy flour and some other soy stuff.

A friend, Joey, drove me to the co-op. Green tea: TEN DOLLARS A POUND!! I said, "but, it's ten dollars a pound!" Clerk, "you could buy less than a pound." JESUS!

No soy flour, except prepackaged at a dollar MORE than it's sold on line!

NO one who knew anything.

Joey took me to an Asian market, near her house. I found everything I needed and a few things I hadn't thought of, all at reasonable prices. Got to the check out, swiped my food stamps card, clerk JERKS the swiping machine away from me and says, "We no take food stamps."

I walked out without a word.

Joey bought the groceries for me, but THAT's not RIGHT! I should be able to buy my own, damn groceries, WITH my food stamps!

I tried contacting Wild Oats about their incompatible web site, which makes it impossible for me to sign up for the weekly specials by email.

Did I get help? No! I got a LECTURE on how inadequate MSNTV is, how I need to get a computer, and how less than one per cent of their customers are on MSNTV!!! OF COURSE, you IDIOT! We can't NAVIGATE your SITE!

Funny, I run a domain, operate 8 blogs, write published articles, shop at eBay, use PayPal AND BANK on my MSNTV!

YUPPY TRASH! Only the WEALTHY are allowed to eat nutritious food!

I'm friggin MALNOURISHED! I NEED FOOD!

BASTARDS!

No comments: