Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, March 12, 2004

I still don't know

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Called the land lord. He doesn't remember a damn thing about what I'm talking about, 'tho they OUGHT to have the letters I sent in my file!

He proposed I pay $40: what he called one of three late fees! There AREN'T three late fees!

Anyway, he's going to talk to the book keeper. He might get back to me around 1pm.

The house is clean inside. I still have work to do out in the yard.

I'd found some cleaning supplies in the trash, so I had degreaser for my kitchen, which doesn't have an exhaust fan for the oven, which I cleaned.

I got the neighbor girl's vacuum running quite well. Wore it out, though. I haven't had a belt for my vacuum since befor xmas, and the floors were filthy.

It's cold and cloudy; looks like it could rain or snow. So, I'm staying inside.

I worked on the house about eight hours, maybe ten, since last night. So, I'm pretty tired.

Guess I'll rest today, if I can.

Good thing I had the housework, or I'd have stayed awake all night, worrying about becoming homeless again. As it was, I exhausted myself last night.

I worked this morning on raw adrenaline and fear.

I'm still shaking and my heart's still pounding, altho I finished about an hour ago.

What a damn nightmare!

Tim says as long as I mail my check by the 3rd, I'm ok. Earlier, he'd said by the 5th.

This slum is run by chimps on crack.

No comments: