Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

how to get published?

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

ugh. I wrote my commentary. You can read it at Viri Diana.

I posted it in some news groups and forums. I emailed it to the UU women's mailing list...and was UNSUBSCRIBED!! jesus.

I sent copies to Marcos and Rachel at the station, but got no reply.

So, basically, I went through all that and got no feed back.

Alone again, as usual.

But I know damn well I need to write this story of mine as a book. I have no idea how to get it published.

It was a gorgeous day. I stayed home. I cleaned up my little yard some. Mostly, I rested, because I have to walk to the bank to deposit the tire check and to the radio station to record my commentary.

Writing it took a lot out of me. I'm feeling very retraumatized. I go outside to escape being in here, but it's not safe out there. I don't want human contact when I'm in this condition. Not with strangers, anyway. And there are no friends.

I walked to the 7/11 and bought myself a damn 2 liter bottle of soda pop. Got home without any major harrassment. But just the stress of being on guard for potential hostilities from strangers is stressful enough.

I'm feeling quite stunned.

No comments: