Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

duck eggs

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I have a nice, little clutch of duck eggs, incubating. I lined an old Easter basket with a plastic bag, under which I placed a warming stone (used in terraria, for reptiles). On top, I put a damp towel and positioned the eggs all around the edge of the basket. I covered them with a dry towel.

They're good and warm. I think I have close to a dozen.

Now, every time I go to the duck pond, I'm looking for eggs to EAT, not hatch! Only found one today, darn it.

It's fun, hunting eggs. The dog thinks it's boring, but whatever.

I take egg cartons with me, to protect them 'til I get them home.

Had a duck egg for breakfast; one of the ones I collected yesterday cracked.

Popped another inner tube today. It has a flaw in it, so I'll write the guy and see if he'll replace it for me. So, Porky and I were out late, while I replaced the tube.

I saw the saddest thing on BBC News tonight: a 14 year old Palestinian kid, with explosives strapped to his body.

He was slack jawed and looked like he wasn't quite all there. They're saying his family says he's developmentally disabled.

I couldn't tell if it was fear, adolescent stupidity, exhaustion, shock, disability or what, but he definately wasn't all there. Poor bastard.

There's another possibility: he looked drugged, possibly.

Y'know what I wish? I wish the Israelis would put him in a treatment facility, with counselling, and love him back to health.

But given the STUPID assassination of that disabled Imam, I don't think the Sharon regime can see past their own penises.

That kid is toast.

It's such a waste.

Been crying, off and on, since I saw that report.

I may have it rough, but at least I don't live in Israel...or Iraq or Afghanistan or Haiti or.....

No comments: