Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, March 20, 2004

drugged

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
That was no nap; that was comatose. This is starting to worry me. It doesn't happen often . . . maybe once a week or so. But when I need to sleep, I NEED to sleep!

It's brought on by physical exhaustion. But it's not normal sleep or napping.

I tried several times to wake up, but I couldn't get up. It's really like being drugged: like when I woke on the operating table, but was paralysed and couldn't speak.

And it's more disorienting than normal sleep. I wake not remembering where I am or what I was doing before I slept.

Normal naps aren't like that.

I slept over six hours today.

It's almost 1am, and I'm ready to sleep again.

I got my last half turkey cooked today. It's still a long time before food stamps.

It's a good thing about the pledge drive food, or I won't make it.

No comments: