Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

would a LITTLE respect KILL you?

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Went to clinic today. Took early bus, so I could shop at Stadium grocery, next door, first. Put groceries in suitcase with wheels, went to clinic.

Nurse practitioner isn't coming in 'til 1pm today; signed up for "walk in." They can't phone here, cuz my line is dedicated to internet, so they didn't bother to tell me she wasn't coming in.

Sat there an HOUR, waiting for results of blood tests which would FINALLY explain why I'm in SO MUCH PAIN!

Talked to security guard. Last time I was there, a well-groomed lady followed me over to grocery with guard. I'd lit match in stinking bathroom, so I wouldn't get sick from whatever evil, sick smell I was smelling. I had turned on vent and left door open, to air out room, when I left.

"We don't light matches in bathroom."

I explained why I'd done it. SHe didn't care, "we don't light matches in bathroom."

Security guard told me today he understood what I'd done. He also told me SHE WAS CONTEMPLATING HAVING ME ARRESTED!!

I have a warrant. A mentally ill man in the war zone was breaking into my house every day, stealing my dog and locking him in his yard.

He also stole Stumps' dog tags.

He called ANimal Control, reported stray dog, had dog picked up.

I bailed dog out, paid fines.

Then, my house was condemned, and I was homeless.

Apparantly, some sort of citation was mailed to the old address, and I didn't receive it. Dog without tags, I think, and dog running loose.

Citation went to warrant. I only found this out 2 yrs. ago; warrant's 7 yrs. old. I "failed to appear" in court.

ANY TIME I speak to a police officer, I'm in danger of going to jail!

Tried going to court. THey said I'd have to pay a $340.00 bond, just to SEE a judge! I can't come up with that kind of money. Explained that to court clerk and asked what I should do.

She said, "get the hell out of here, right this minute, before I have you booked and locked up."

So, for trying to protect my health and keep from breathing in someone else's sickly fecal matter, I could have been locked up for up to a WEEK, while my animals were here alone and my gate was unlocked!

I finally told the receptionist today I had to leave, to take bus home before transfer ran out!

Got letter from Vocational Rehab today; have appointment at end of March.

Got good groceries: pintos, lentils, canned chilis, marked down cream and cream cheese, tortilla corn meal, cabbage, lemons...all on sale.

Soon's I'm done writing this, I'm starting a pot each of: lentils, rice and beans.

Bob, homeless man, dropped off unopened sacks of navy beans and pasta.

I have plenty of food.

No comments: