Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

kunm

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Ah, home with my feet up.

I'm working on a very difficult commentary. It's a letter to Martha Stewart. But it's a letter about what happened to me, too.

When I heard Martha was convicted of lying to a federal investigator, without mirandization, without the right to having legal counsel present, etc, and obscure law, used to trip up political dissidents, terrorists, communists and the like, I blew my stack!

It's EXACTLY what happened to me, ten years ago.

So, I went to the station early, hid in the volunteer room and went to war with the computer. I brought Porky, dressed in his bikini and fairy wings, for comfort and cheer.

I did some internet research on the case.

I was there from before 11 am until after 4 pm and only managed to write a page and a half. My limit's just over three.

I think it's got to be a two part commentary. but I'm not sure. I have a lot of ground to cover, and not much time left or space.

It's exhausting, trying to find ways to tell my story without losing my mind or sounding like a raving maniac.

I emailed it to myself. I'll try to work on it tomorrow from here.

No comments: