Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, May 27, 2004

bad muscle cramps

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Yesterday, while removing headphones from my ears, I felt a really bad pain on the left side of my neck, from shoulder to top of my head. It's not going away.

I slept fitfully, with recurring cramps in my calves.

And the tampon is causing really bad problems from my belly all the way around my back.

I suspect the configurations of many women's organs are not conducive to wearing something internally during menses.

I suspect that's why so many women complain of cramping that it's an industry.

These are the first tampons I've worn in twenty years. They're thin and short, but they still hurt very badly.

I ALSO suspect the "feminine" hygeine industry KNOWS their products cause pain. After all, they ALSO manufacture Midol and other products to relieve pain.

If you can cause pain by a product you sell, you can also make money on relieving that pain.

I'll wear my last, three pads today.

I shouldn't go in today. I literally can barely walk. And I can't manouver the heavy doors and carrying so much stuff around, if I walk with my cane. Today, I'm in great danger of falling and really getting hurt.

But I promised I'd interview the guy from the Gallup Independent today.

And Renee handed me a flier yesterday: the author of Lame Deer: Seeker Of Visions is speaking in Albq. on Sunday. It's one of my favorite books. I still own a copy, thirty years later. SHe let me call him to interview him. It was a real treat! And the guy's ninety-one years old!

So, I have to put that together to get it on the air tonight.

I want to reedit my commentary; I'm using the song, "Mothers, Daughters, Wives," written by Judy Small and performed by Ronnie Gilbert. Over night, I thought of a verse I'd prefer to open with. So that needs redoing.

I CAN'T come tomorrow. There's no WAY.

So, I need to get it all together today.

The newsroom will be closed on Monday.

I have no asprin left.

I'm in BIG trouble.

I'll hope Leslie is going out for lunch, so I get a ride home early, but I'm not counting on it.

THat's if I can get it all done by noon.

WHich ain't likely.

So, I'm prepared to be stuck there until Danny leaves at four or five.

This is bad.

I have food left there, at least.

I'll just have to be careful. I don't know how I'll take care of myself, but I'll just do the best I can.

I'm really weak.

No comments: