Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, May 27, 2004

did all I could

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I've been having uterine contractions, all day. It's as bad as my miscarriages, but without as much blood.

I was in so much pain today, I literally couldn't think.

I managed to reedit the Memorial Day commentary. That's pretty much it.

I boxed up my junk for the move tomorrow.

I brought in a 2 liter bottle of sugar water for the humming bird. Susan, the executive producer of Native America Calling, volunteered to keep it in her refrigerator, and feed the hummer while I'm gone tomorrow through Monday.

Hilda sold me a bowl of home made posole stew and a tortilla for lunch, on credit. I shouldn't have done it, of course, but she's so wonderful, I just can't resist her.

I spent the whole morning pretty much stunned and in shock.

Leslie gave me a ride on her lunch hour. She promptly locked herself out of her car, in my alley.

Fortunately, she'd left her window open by about an eighth of an inch. Tried wire, coat hanger, a piece of wooden lattice, and finally the bracket for a political yard sign, which worked.

My neighbor poked at the window button, 'til it unrolled and she could get in. Poor Leslie!

I immediately lay down. I watched about half an hour of General Hospital, just for the hell of it, but couldn't stay awake. I napped fitfully for about four hours. I have a bad fever and was sweating profusely, despite the air conditioning and my fan, both on full blast.

I got up at six, freezing and covered in clammy sweat.

I'm staying in bed for the evening. My legs barely work. That neck/shoulder/head thing is bad and don't get me started on my belly and back!

I got an email last night from KUNM Operations. I was the first caller for a free pass to Wimmin Fest, an arts/comedy/music/performance weekend at various venues downtown this weekend.

I pick up the pass tomorrow night at six pm. I don't know how much I can go; I have no money for bus fare. I've always wanted to go to wimmin fest, but never could afford it or get to it. It's billed as, "something for every woman;" should be changed to: "for every woman with money and a car." I don't think any of the events are free, or sliding scale, either. What ever.

I don't know if I can do my blogs tonight. I'm really in bad shape.

No comments: