Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, May 03, 2004

Mornin'

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

It's almost 5am. Morning Edition will be on in a minute. But Bob Edwards won't. Dang, I'm dreading this.

Every time I hear the NPR music in the mornings now, I'll be a little resentful, no matter how much time passes. Because Bob is gone.

Did you know Albuquerque is the most-armed city in the world? We've got 2,000 nuclear weapons, right here! At least, that's what the overnight DJ just said.

I've heard it said that, if New Mexico seceded from the Union, we'd be the 3rd largest nuclear power in the world.

Jees, I keep moving to places that kill. Monterey had Fort Ord and a BUNCH of officer and spy training stuff. Louisville had Fort Knox and stuff down the road. ANd now here..

Renee Montain and some guy are cohosting Morning Edition. It's still written the same. But it ain't the same without Bob.

Well, if you can be sent to pasture when you're only 56 and you BUILT Morning Edition, none of us is safe...

I MISS BOB EDWARDS!

...whimper.

No comments: