Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, May 08, 2004

FOOD!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I barbequed! I got 3 whole salmons and bbqed one. I bbqed a London broil and a pound of lean burger meat. AND, I got cheap crawdads!

I boiled the crawdads in crab boil. I covered the burger and broil in some char seasoning I'd found in the trash. The salmon was brushed with some Japanese sauce I found in the trash; I don't know what it is, but it's sweet and has soy sauce in it.

I also found a bottle of cocktail sauce in the trash, so that was good with the crawdads.

Nicole, my neighbor, came over. We had bread, butter, jam, crawdads, sauce, salmon and strawberries!

I have 4 pkgs of the hamburger and another broil in the freezer with the 2 other salmons.

I got TEN boxes of "gogurts," marked down to fifty cents each!

I got a quart of milk for fifty cents. I got 2 pints cottage cheese and 2 sour creams for a buck each.

I still have more than ten dollars' worth of food stamps left!

The London broil is still on the barbeque, as are 5 baking potatoes.

In addition to the dry rub, I put two strips of bacon on the broil. I got 2 pkgs of bacon for just over a dollar each! One of those is in the freezer, too.

Guess I don't have to worry about fish this month, huh?

The cats are in the yard, chewing on crawdad heads....

What a lunch!

Now, I'm getting ready for the Mothers' Day March For Peace, in downtown Albuquerque.

I'll look great on my scooter in my flowered, summer dress!

So, I'd better get off this little black box and get out there!

Peace!

No comments: