Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, May 10, 2004

Much better day!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I'm working on a story about the DOE's announcement that they plan to remove weapons-grade uranium from Sandia and Los Alamos labs.

People actually called me back! LOL

Even poor Tom Udall, whom I accidentally gave the wrong number. He let it ring and ring, and someone picked up and hung up on him! oops....

ANyway, I got him. I also got a guy from POGO.org. THE guy, apparantly. He used to be Richardson's assistant at DOE under Clinton. He's part of a watchdog group now.

I also need to get interviews with the security guards' union. And I'd like an interview with Homeland Security.

This is a story I can sell, I think. ALready emailed Melinda at FSRN.org. She'll pitch it to the editorial staff.

I didn't freak out when the headphones were broken. I didn't panic when I walked into Studio C and found the PHONE had been taken out and taken apart! I just put it all back together...

There's a hummingbird nest in a tree branch on the patio outside the building. And the baby robins have their flight feathers, and are sulking in a tree, away from their nest. Their parents are pretty nervous, though...

Danny, from Operations, gave me a ride home and will pick me up in the morning.

I ate: Strawberries, salmon, bread & butter and yogurt for lunch. Quite satisfying!

And Renee straightened me out on how I can get hired at KUNM, so I'll be calling Staff Services for help wit my resume tomorrow!

Things are looking up!

Even though I missed my appt. at Voc Rehab today, the lady emailed back and is going to ask my "counsellor" to try to schedule something more quickly than 2 months from now.

And I borrowed enough money to cover my bank acc't.

Sigh.....

OH! And Kevin, the engineer, let me borrow some alan wrenches, that might help me fix my scooter wheel!

SO THERE!

No comments: