Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, May 20, 2004

I wish...

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I wish I could take a warm bubble bath.

I wish I had some beer or marguritas.

I wish I had a thick, rib eye steak with all the fixin's.

I wish I had shoes that didn't leave me foot sore at the end of the day.

I wish I had a friend.

I wish I had a hug.

I wish I had a little security and peace.

I wish I were stronger.

I wish I knew what I was doing.

I wish GW Bush hadn't stolen that election.

I wish women's work and work without pay were respected.

I wish women were respected.

I wish we weren't all so damned nasty to each other.

I wish my daughter were alive.

I wish I hadn't had to drop out of school.

I wish we all got a second chance.

I wish sugar was good for you.

I wish chocolate wasn't made by child slaves.

I wish I wasn't contributing, every day, to the rape of Mother Earth.

I wish scooter inner tubes were thicker and cheaper.

I wish I could go back to Sequoia National Park.

I wish I could get to the ocean.

I wish Albuquerque city streets were better paved, smoother and cleaner.

I wish I had the last twenty years to do over.

I wish I had a lemon merangue pie.

I wish I had a crab Louie.

I wish I had a turn table, for my records.

I wish I weren't in danger, most of the time.

I wish I lived in a real house.

I wish Porkchop would lick the bottoms of my feet, like Boo used to do.

I wish flies had better manners.

I wish I could have caught a couple of baby ducks today.

I wish this pain would ease.

I wish tv commercials weren't louder than the programs.

I wish I had help.

I wish I had love.

I wish I weren't so damned tired all the time.

I wish I could see Van Gogh's "Sunflowers," in person, one more time, before I die.

I wish I'd been friends with Carl Sagan.

I wish the loves of my life still loved me back.

I wish my flute wasn't in such bad shape.

I wish I knew enough people well enough that I could have a party.

I wish the computer screens at KUNM were easier to see.

I wish I'd never left California.

I wish Woo, my Siamese cat brother, who died when I was thirteen, were still alive and healthy.

I wish I'd never known what it feels like to be punched in the face.

I wish I could find the Secret to not being excluded.

I wish someone would hold me, while I cry.

No comments: