Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

jees, louise!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Well, the sound is edited. Neither Wilson nor Dominici, though. Wilson's office formally bowed out; she's overwhelmed with the Iraq prisoner abuse photos and the decapitation. I suspect the same is true for Dominici.

Still have an email in to the DOE, and to the Governor's office.

But I'm ready to run with what I have.

Danny gave me a ride again. I did the STUPIDEST thing: I left a 2 lb package of that dang hamburger meat, just inside the gate, on the ground.

When I got home, of course, Porkchop had eaten it. Sigh.

So, I was stupid hungry most of the day; bread, vegies and yogurt just aren't enough. I was running into walls and fighting head aches.

Had a few laughs in the newsroom today, which is fun. Renee's getting there earlier now, so it's not so tense and crowded before air time.

I hung a hummingbird feeder for the mother hummer yesterday. It's nice to watch her.

I put some bowls under air conditioner drips today, to collect water for the flower pots on the patio. I'm going to transplant some sunflowers, marigolds and tomato plants into them.

I'm dog tired. But I've even begun my script.

It's good to be part of that madness at the station.

Nobody can find the microwave, the water cooler, the fax machine, etc. since Danny had to move them into the volunteer room in preparation for construction.

Remodelling begins next week.

Hold on to your hats!

It's going to be a holy mess. They're moving the newsroom out, into the conference room, very soon. They'll knock our wall down, give us more room, give Renee an office with an actual door, redo the windows...

By the time we get back, we won't recognize the joint!

The conference room has lots of phone lines, for pledge drives. I guess our phones and puters will be hooked up easier there.

But the sun, through that big picture window, is gonna fry our brains!

Poor Richard, the station manager! He's in the office next to the conference room. And we newsies are loud! I think he's in that office to get as FAR away from everybody as possible!

We're like hyperactive hornets.

Maybe he'll take some vacation time, and avoid the whole mess.

I HOPE I'll have my story ready for air tomorrow. I'm sick of looking at it! LOL

And tomorrow, by gawd, I'm takin' some dang MEAT!

SHEESH!

oh, my achin legs...

No comments: