Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

too much pain

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

If I had the option, I'd stay in bed today. But I've GOT to go earn some money.

I'm worried about my legs. I should be lying down today, resting them. They're throbbing, feel hot and I can't explain the pain. They're the worst, but every joint in my body is painful. It hurts to type.

At least I have fresh coffee.

Once again, my home gets neglected, so I can work at KUNM, but it can't be helped.

I'll have to sneak outside in a few minutes, once the sun starts to rise, to attach my hose to the spigot. I have to water my poor garden.

I don't know how to do all I need to do.

I noticed the front tire, not the tube, on my scooter is losing its shape. That must mean it's wearing thin and will get a hole in it soon.

I'm afraid to look in the hat to see about the baby bird.

Hold on...I'll go look.

...Nope, it didn't make it. I just put it outside the gate, so I can throw it in the trash later.

But I did everything I could.

bush...iraq...bush...iraq....

oh, shut up and go away! The sound of his voice gives me a sick feeling. He even SOUNDS like a cold-blooded, abusive bastard. A cross between a fundamentalist preacher and a wife beater. or both. He's careful to ennunciate when he's laying down the law, but can't pronounce "nuclear." He speaks to reporters as to naughty, slow children.

ANd what's the alternative? Kerry? Hell, he's the same thing: rich, priviledged, white, male, Skull & Bones...what's the difference? Just Kerry had the huevos to actually see combat in 'Nam and then protest against it.

The only thing bush ever protested was personal accountability.

I shouldn't have to listen to bush...iraq so early in the morning, when I'm not feeling good.

Sun should be up soon. I'd better dress and get ready to go out there.

No comments: