Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, May 28, 2004

ouchies

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I'm still pretty crippled up. I found 3 remaining asprin, and just swallowed them all.

I can't afford bus fare, sanitary pads, asprin, nothing.

I'm using cut-up dog diapers again this month. JEes.

There's so much around here that needs doing, but it hurts to walk.

I'm puttering, but slowly and carefully. I've got to be very careful, how I move and how much I do.

I posted the National Native News announcement with my story highlighted in red. It's over in Daily Rogi, if you want to see it. I can't read their website well from my WebTV, so I don't know if you can access it in their archives. I'll have to look at it from a computer at KUNM.

I'm going to have to call Dean at KUNM to tell him I can't use the pass to Wimmin Fest; I'm too weak to walk all the way down town. And I KNOW I can't get rides, late at night, home. Damn.

I guess I could get there, pick it up, and SELL it for half its value. That would get me some money 'til my checks arrive.

ugh.

I feel so trapped by my body and my poverty. I'm almost completely immobilized.

How will I pick up food? How will I cook? Do laundry? Garden?

I'm TERRIFIED someone will see how cluttered my apartment is right now, judge me as "lazy," and get me evicted. I'm just telling myself: it's a weekend holiday; nobody's coming here; I can get away with it 'til I feel better. BUt I'm worried.

All I can do is all I can do.

My apology to Viet Nam Veterans commentary appears on KUNM.org tonight, five pm Mountain Time, if you want to hear it. I didn't get to FTP it to my domain yesterday; I could barely think. dang. sorry.

I need to ask Bert how to best put sound on my web site, without eating up all my available bandwidth. Think I'll post it in his alt.discuss group as soon as I finish this post.

I'm really in bad shape. The thought of standing at the stove, long enough to fry an egg and bacon, just overwhelms me.

No comments: