Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Having trouble, walking

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I'm really hurting.

I found a six foot by two foot "body pillow" in the garbage awhile back. It's covered with a nice, plush velour.

I'm going to take it with me in Leslie's car today. It'll fit on one of the wooden "park" benches, down on the patio.

I'll take a smaller pillow, for my head.

The only way I'll make it today is to lie down from time to time.

There's a volunteer meeting tonight at KUNM. So, I'll be putting in about a fourteen hour day, with no guarantee of a ride home tonight.

I cooked up the last of the beef roast last night. I sliced it and sauteed it in wine. I also made a big pot of brown rice. I'm taking the last of the macaroni, too.

I guess I'll just spend the day, researching other stories, once I finish the stuff for Tina.

Nothing today is really urgent.

I shouldn't go in, at all. I should stay home, at least 'til Monday, to recover and to get stuff done around here.

I also promised Danny I'd help pack the newsroom, to move it across the building, on Friday. I may have to bow out of that one.

Yesterday was Laura's birthday. She's one of the grrlz on da 1st floor. I'm bringing my Fairy Rag Ladies in today, so she can pick one out for herself.

That cold-hearted vocational rehabilitation councillor wrote me back. She seems to be under the impression that I'm a malingerer, and haven't done anything to improve my employability. I got no reply to the part of my email about them stranding me, half way across town, because they had no bus tokens.

She's not a bit cooperative, supportive or helpful.

It's very discouraging.

I need a shower and some breakfast. I just made more coffee. A pot a day is too much, but whacha goin' do?

THe grrlz had their geek check out that computer yesterday. Seems there's nothing wrong with it; he found the "glitch" in the Windows95 system, got something out of his bag of tricks, and fixed it.

So, Danny can haul it home for me, soon.

I need to make space for it on my living room table.

The farther I am from that newsroom, the more often, the happier I'll be.

Off to the shower...

No comments: