Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 25, 2004

ahhhhh...

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I'm done! A young couple showed up after ten, by which time I was pretty paranoid nobody was coming.

We had some coctail weinie corn dogs, some dollar-sized pancakes with syrup. We had frozen pizzas, and I added refries, tomato sauce, salsa and cheddar cheese to those. We made oven roasted potatoes with seasoning. I made a big pot of rice pudding with apples.

Steve came by, loaded up some food and me, and drove me there. He said, "get the pudding." I said, "Is that all?" He said, "yes." and he drove away.

I walked up with the pudding and the young couple said, "where are the potatoes?" Suddenly, I realized we didn't have to pizzas, either! Steve drove home with half the food in his trunk!

The couple left some....um...rude messages on Steve's answering machine from their cell phone.

I apologized and apologized to the homeless people.

Suddenly, after almost everything ran out, here comes Steve, with the rest of the food!

Whew!

There aren't many dishes, so I begged the couple to bring me home. They agreed they'd do them.

So, I'm home, in bed.

Ahhhhh....

'course, it's been so long since I've relaxed, I don't remember how. All I can think about is all the stuff I still have to do.

But I'm going to MAKE myself rest!

The cats and dog are thrilled that I'm actually home and lying down.

It's over: a HARD week at the station and lots of running at the broadcasters' convention and a busy morning of cooking and a near heart attack when the food drove away and....

I have one can of soda pop that I smuggled out of the hotel yesterday. There's a ridiculous Goldie Hawn movie on tv.

I'm going to be a potato for as long as I can get away with it for the rest of the day.....


aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

No comments: