Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, April 10, 2004

lamb!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I went ahead and cooked the lamb ribs today. I'll be too tired tomorrow.

I didn't do anything fancy: salt, pepper and a whole clove of garlic, broken apart onto the fatty side.

I cook lamb at a low temp: 300 degrees farenheit. Once the fat's sizzling, it's usually ready to flip over...for ribs, anyway.

Lamb's best when just slightly pink inside and crispy outside.

Yes, I ate a rib today. Are you KIDDING??? as good as this house smelled? I had to try some! mmmmmm

Porkchop was thrilled with the bone.

Mugwart, my Old Man Cat, has never smelled lamb before...I don't think. But he sure looked bug eyed and bushy tailed, so I cut him a small piece. He loved it! The greasier the meat, the happier he is. His favorite is pork roast.

So, my eggs are ready, the lamb is cooked, I'm washed up and ready to go.

I didn't get quite as much housework done today as I'd have liked, but the weather's going to be nasty tomorrow, I have lots of cooking and learning to do, and I don't want to start the morning off exhausted from working too hard today.

I got plenty done. I just didn't get all of it done, dang it!

A freak in the empty lot just now was very rude to me when I went out to check what he was doing. He's looking for somebody, probably on the other side of the lot. He's blocking my neighbor's gate with his truck.

He mocked me and said, "I'll move out of your little domain."

I came back to his truck, swung open his door and said, "you ever been raped? ever been beaten by a crack head? Don't talk to me about my "little domain!"

He replied, "it's your own fault."

See, that's why nobody wants to locate businesses here. That's why they write this state off as a bunch of ignorant, drunken wife beaters and welfare cheats: the blame-the-victim mentality, the ignorant arrogance, self righteousness, the machismo disrespect for ANYTHING a woman does to protect, defend and improve herself.

If I owned a multimillion dollar company, I SURE as hell wouldn't put it in the hands of these cocky, impotent cowards! And they're all OVER out here! Total pigs.

Unless you look and ACT like Barbie or the Virgin Mary out here, you're nothing but useless meat to them.

No comments: