Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

yippee

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Ok, I'm not nearly as grouchy as I was.

I got tonight's story in the can.

I went through all 4 of my interviews and selected pieces to use in the 2 remaining stories.

I created files for each, and put the segments in order.

So, all I have left is listening to my selections, taking notes on what they've said, writing copy to bridge the interviews, recording my voice, chopping that into segments, slapping me into the rest of it, mixing it, sending it to the newsbooth computer, and writing a "lead ins," for the news announcer to read.

I know that sounds like a lot, but it's really not. And it's the most fun part of a story, cuz it's creative.

Then, I'll have Friday through Monday off from the station, so I can work on my garden and my scooter.

I got back today at about two thirty; Linda gave me a ride, so I didn't have to hoof it.

I'm tired, yes, but I'm not in agony, like I was yesterday. dang, that was AWFUL! and this morning, too. I was suffering.

Next week, I'll start researching and interviewing for my story on the women's homeless shelter. that'll be kewl. I can't wait.

I dragged food to the station, so I didn't starve. Made my shoulders sore, carrying it, but what the heck? there's still some stuff there, in the ice box, so I won't need to carry as much tomorrow.

I told Tristan my Evil Idea. They're just about ready to start tearing the station apart for the remodelling. The walls have one inch square tiles on them. I want to make tic tac toes and crosswords and stuff on them.

So, Tristan and I think it'd be fun to have a tagging party. Why not?

No comments: