Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Sunday

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Ah, a lovely morning. Cold, gloomy, dripping wet...just wonderful.

Accidentally poured a hot cup of espresso inches from poor ol' Porkchop's head on the sofa.
He forgives me.

Emailed Rachel at KUNM last night, asking her to pass on to Steve that I need a ride to Food Not Bombs this morning. He'll be by around 9:30.

Refrigerator is clean and ready for filling.

I'm still REALLY hurting, but I can cook.

I thawed out the last of my frozen strawberries. Gonna make French toast this morning with 2 dozen duck eggs, covered in fruit compote.

I watched a BUNCH of stories about religious intolerance this morning. I watch "Religion and Ethics Today" on PBS on Sunday mornings. I'm convinced religion has little to do with ethics anymore, if it ever did.

I plan to write a commentary on fundamentalist "christianity" for KUNM. Nobody has taken these people seriously. They'll kill us all, if we let them. I was warning people, twenty years ago, that the progressive community needs to directly address it.

We need to analyse why it's so popular and what it provides to people. We need to have watchdog groups, investigating, reporting and resisting the influences of these groups on social policy.

And so-called liberal religious people need to counteract the messages with their own. Right now, they just huddle in their own houses of worship, patting themselves on the back for their moral superiority.

Which is exactly what the fundamentalists do.

Passover starts tomorrow. And 25 percent of Americans think Jews were responsible for Jesus' death, up from 19 percent.

It's really scary.

I hope it doesn't pour down rain while we try to feed the homeless people today. jees. If it's really miserable out there, they won't be there. There's little shelter from the weather out there.

Still turning my duck eggs I'm incubating, twice a day. Hope I have babies....

No comments: