Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, April 01, 2004

no poetry tonight

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I can't get a ride. I emailed 2 people, but nobody wrote back. damn.

I'm published, but can't get there! grrrr...

I did 2 shifts at KUNM again today. moan.

I'm not in as much pain today though, after fourteen hours...or was it fifteen? in bed yesterday.

I had fun, as usual. We did better today; people always wait 'til the last minute...pledge drive ends tomorrow.

We've made over $75,000. Not bad. Wish it were twice that, though. Doesn't seem like enough to run that station for six months, but what do I know?

I wore my canary yellow Mexican dress today. Dressed like a pinata again. Got compliments, tho.

Really nice people volunteer to answer phones. They're a lot of fun.

I fried some chicken thighs in tempura & soy sauces tonight.

Gotta stretch the food for seven more days, before the food stamps come.

Since Saturday's the 3rd, my soc. sec. check ought to come tomorrow. Not that there's anything urgent to buy.

Weird thing: checking my balance, it shows I used my check card at the FINA gas station on Central. It's not true; I haven't been in that station for five years.

Now, I'll have to figure out how that happened. It was only for a dollar sixty five, but dang!

That day, I went to the Pueblo Cultural Center for smokes, all the way across town in the other direction.

The day before, I'd gone to Voc Rehab, and didn't get off the bus when it passed the gas station. So, I'm really confused.

How could someone use my ATM card without my PIN number??? Weird....

No comments: