Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, April 12, 2004

amazed!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I finally got my sorry butt out of bed, showered, grabbed Porky and went to Smith's.

Easter was yesterday; today, the candy's marked down. I got wonderful stuff, like almond joys and hershey kisses and cadbury and dove...great candies!

I also found gourmet, low fat burger marked down to a dollar fifty per pound; bought 2.

THey had 2 large cans of pineapple juice, 3 boxes of "cheese cake mix," and 2 boxes of freezer zipper bags, all marked real cheap. And a box of crackers.

I unpacked it all, put away the dishes, and have things ready to stew that case of tomatoes tonight, when it cools down.

There's food everywhere! Leeks, artichokes, asparagus, pears, blood oranges, purple potatoes, hummus, couscous....

there's tons of gourmet, organic food and lots of meats all over my house!

I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT!!!!!! and it's not crap; it's GOOD FOOD! Pure, healthy, wholesome food.

I stood in my kitchen and just cried.

No comments: